Spanish bank BBVA reviews its global creative business
BBVA, Spain's second-largest bank, is reviewing its creative agency requirements and looking to appoint a single agency group to handle its global business across all channels.
The bank currently works with Havas Worldwide and some local agencies on its creative work across the world, and is seeking to integrate its creative account into a single holding group.
The appointed agency network or networks will work with BBVA in more than 11 markets across Europe (including Spain and Portugal), North America and Latin America (including Argentina, Chile and Mexico).
BBVA's review began last year with five major networks and, following the first round of presentations, Interpublic’s McCann Worldgroup, Omnicom’s DDB, and WPP’s Grey and Wunderman have been shortlisted.
Pitches are expected to take place soon and the review is being held through the Spanish-headquartered intermediary, Grupo Consultores (GC) and is led by its Spanish team.
The bank is also reviewing its media agency requirements through GC and has invited the big-six holding groups to participate. The incumbents on the media business are MPG in Europe, and OMD in the Americas.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency