Inside... Immediate Media Co
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
Formerly BBC Magazines, the publisher actively encourages staff to create innovative solutions for clients, Duncan Tickell says.
What a year it has been. In our first full year, we’ve set up new offices in Hammersmith, made acquisitions, launched innovative digital and print products, won significant new business and invested heavily in content and talent – with more than 220 new staff.
It has been about building a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture, so we took a lot of care and attention to our new office environment. The Richard Woods-designed collaborative space with theatre, breakouts and café entice people to mix, talk and get the creative juices flowing.
We have also taken this approach to building our teams – combining our strong print heritage and brands with an agile digital approach to publishing across multiple platforms.
We have set up a ten-strong team to deliver innovative and creative cross-media solutions. Launching this year is our biggest advertising deal from Silver Spoon. This branded content deal, worth £1.5 million over the next 12 months, will reach more than ten million adults across multiple platforms around the theme of "bake with the best".
We are investing heavily to deliver growth across our portfolio of 34 websites, 50 magazines and 39 tablet editions in London and Bristol. The Radio Times is reaping the benefit of this, seeing year-on-year growth in print circulation and ad revenues, with website unique users up 70 per cent on last year.
Our first year was about creating a dynamic culture and investing in the team and environment required for innovative solutions. 2013 is about delivery – we couldn’t be more excited.
Duncan Tickell is the commercial director at Immediate Media Co
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Assistant Vice President -Digital Marketing Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £46,000, London
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Product Marketing Manager - ethical business ADLIB Competitive , Gloucestershire
- Innovation Researcher - Innovation & Brand Strategy Bamboo Crowd £35,000 - £55,000, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity