Reckitt kicks off digital ad contest
Reckitt Benckiser, the owner of Durex and Vanish, is reviewing its UK digital roster.
The FMCG company is understood to have contacted a number of agencies directly about the review.
Reckitt Benckiser, whose brands also include Air Wick and Dettol, works with agencies including Havas Worldwide, TMW and Zone.
The appointment of its new UK marketing director, Jérome Lemaire, in October 2012 is thought to have prompted the review.
Shortly after joining Reckitt Benckiser, Lemaire launched a £5 million push for Cillit Bang, bringing back its brand ambassador Barry Scott after a four-year hiatus. Earlier this month, Lemaire also invested £4 million in Air Wick with a change in strategy to highlight the brand’s scent.
To coincide with Valentine’s Day last week, Reckitt Benckiser launched two films by TMW to promote Durex Ultra Thin Feel as part of the brand’s "intensely close" campaign.
Reckitt Benckiser said it does not comment on discussions with agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland