Mcgarrybowen poaches Kevin Chesters as executive planning director
Mcgarrybowen has poached Kevin Chesters, Wieden & Kennedy London's head of planning, to be its executive planning director.
Chesters will be part of Mcgarrybowen’s management team and report to global chief strategy officer, Jennifer Zimmerman.
He replaces interim strategy director, Lori Meakin, who left last year to co-found agency Joint. Meakin joined the agency as maternity cover for Beeker Northam who has since decided not to return from maternity.
At Mcgarrybowen, Chesters will be responsible for all strategic output and work across all clients including Honda, Toblerone and Canon.
He joins the agency from Wieden & Kennedy London after four years, where he led the strategy for the global Nokia account and was most recently lead strategist on Honda.
Chesters move re-unites him with Mcgarrybowen’s joint executive creative directors, Paul Jordan and Angus Macadam, who worked alongside him as creative directors at Wieden & Kennedy.
Chesters said: "I am hugely looking forward to the opportunity to build on the momentum of Mcgarrybowen and continue to help establish the agency in Europe. It was too exciting an opportunity to turn down".
Next month Mcgarrybowen’s chairman Jim Kelly is to step down after three and half years at the agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Retail Display Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + benefits, Lancashire
- Senior Communications Planning Manager PSD Group Up to £70,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London
- Business Development Executive - Insight Agency Stonor Up to £26K basic + expected £10K , Home Counties - Bucks / Berks / Oxon
- Digital Project Manager Propel £35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London