HSBC shows the power of international connections in 'the lemon grove'
HSBC has followed up last year's "lemonade" campaign with a new ad that shows how the young girl from the original spot is growing her business internationally.
The spot, created by JWT London, launches today and shows the girl from last year’s ad travelling to India to meet an entrepreneurial young lemon grower before taking a phone call from a young boy in France who is selling her lemonade.
Where the little girl’s business was once a simple stall selling lemonade in different currencies on an American street, ‘Heavenly Lemonade’ now has an Indian supplier and a French distributor.
The idea behind the ad is to promote the idea that businesses’ future prospects will depend on international partnerships and that HSBC is well positioned to help companies develop in this way.
"The lemon grove" is part of HSBC’s ‘In The Future’ campaign and will be supported by further activity from HSBC’s business divisions, including retail, in key markets such as the UK.
At JWT London the global creative director on HSBC is Axel Chaldecott and the creative directors are Hugh Todd and Adam Scholes. Traktor was responsible for the direction and the production company was Partizan.
Andrea Newman, global head of advertising and marketing communications, HSBC, said: "HSBC’s global footprint, knowledge and resources facilitate international business opportunities for its customers. The marketing aims to bring this to life with a sense of warmth, simplicity and optimism to inspire growth."
Mindshare has handled the media planning and buying for the campaign.
HSBC is currently reviewing its global creative account and JWT London is competing against sister WPP shop Grey and Saatchi & Saatchi for the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account