M&C Saatchi pays tribute to Thatcher with 'best client we ever had' ad
M&C Saatchi paid tribute to the former prime minister Margaret Thatcher with a full-page ad in the Sunday Times that called her "the best client we ever had".
The ad shows a photograph of Baroness Thatcher waving a Union Jack flag above the tagline "The best client we ever had." The M&C Saatchi logo appears at the bottom right of the page.
At their former agency Saatchi & Saatchi, the M&C Saatchi founders Maurice and Charles Saatchi were responsible for the ‘Labour isn’t working’ campaign which helped the Thatcher-led Conservative party win power in 1979.
M&C Saatchi’s existing clients include Transport for London, Breast Cancer Care, the Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and HP Sauce.
When contacted by Campaign this morning, clients including Breast Cancer Care, Dixons Retail, Direct Line and TfL declined to comment on the ad.
Moreover, a spokesman for one of M&C Saatchi's major clients said the company "certainly wasn't offended" by the ad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views