M&C Saatchi pays tribute to Thatcher with 'best client we ever had' ad
M&C Saatchi paid tribute to the former prime minister Margaret Thatcher with a full-page ad in the Sunday Times that called her "the best client we ever had".
The ad shows a photograph of Baroness Thatcher waving a Union Jack flag above the tagline "The best client we ever had." The M&C Saatchi logo appears at the bottom right of the page.
At their former agency Saatchi & Saatchi, the M&C Saatchi founders Maurice and Charles Saatchi were responsible for the ‘Labour isn’t working’ campaign which helped the Thatcher-led Conservative party win power in 1979.
M&C Saatchi’s existing clients include Transport for London, Breast Cancer Care, the Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and HP Sauce.
When contacted by Campaign this morning, clients including Breast Cancer Care, Dixons Retail, Direct Line and TfL declined to comment on the ad.
Moreover, a spokesman for one of M&C Saatchi's major clients said the company "certainly wasn't offended" by the ad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)
- Freelance ATL Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £190 per day, London
- Head of Marketing & Sales Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Display Account Manager- Print and Digital £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive