Havas returns to growth in UK, despite 'sharp downturn' in Europe
Havas, the marketing group, has reported flat revenue in the first three months of 2013, although BETC London's Bacardi win helped organic revenue grow 0.7% in the UK.
Havas revealed that first quarter revenues were €386m (£325.4m), down 0.3% year on year, but representing a decline of 0.9% on an organic basis.
In the UK, Havas "returned to growth" and reported organic revenue up 0.7% year on year, despite "budget cuts by certain clients". UK new business wins included the PR account for Ideal Standard and the Bacardi global creative business.
Havas said its French business reported organic growth of 1.2% in Q1 2013, despite a high 2012 baseline, driven largely by advertising, media and digital.
Although revenue in the rest of Europe declined by 2.4% year on year, the digital business "continued to perform well" and Germany and Turkey "continue to report good growth".
David Jones, the global chief executive of Havas, said: "The group held up well against the sharp downturn in the European market overall in the first quarter of 2013, achieving positive performances in the key markets of France and the UK.
"Business in North America slowed after outperforming the market in Q4 2012, but emerging markets remain solid. Digital, media, advertising and healthcare communication all made significant contributions to group performance."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior International Sales Executive Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + OTE, Bristol
- PR Senior Account Executive, B2B Tech, £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Head of Consumer & Shopper Insight FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70K-£85K + Car Allowance, Bonus, Benefits Package, North of London/Herts
- Senior Brand Manager OTC Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£60K + Car + Bonus, London