Zurich hires IPG for creative, media and digital duties
Zurich Insurance Group has awarded its global integrated advertising, media and digital account to Interpublic Group after a pitch.
Zurich’s marketing will be provided by an integrated network leadership team (NLT) led by McCann Worldgroup and leaning on resources from McCann Erickson, UM and MRM.
Once the contract between IPG and the insurance brand has been signed, the NLT will work with all divisions of Zurich in all regions across the world to bring the insurance brand "efficiently and effectively" to life.
IPG’s proposition beat two groups with a prior relationship with the brand, including WPP, which is the incumbent for the media business through Mindshare, and Publicis Groupe, whose Publicis Worldwide holds the creative account.
Zurich has not previously had a dedicated digital shop.
Michael Roth, the chairman and chief executive of Interpublic Group, said: "We are honoured to be selected by Zurich and to have the opportunity to contribute to their business in a meaningful way globally.
"This kind of integrated model is one that we have championed at our company, and it's a model that's tailor-made for a company like Zurich."
Campaign broke the news of the interdisciplinary Zurich review in March.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views