Ferrero embarks on global media review
Ferrero, the Italian chocolate company, has called an international review of its media planning and buying business, putting the UK incumbent, MEC, on alert.
It is understood that the review is in the early stages and is being supervised by Accenture Media Management.
WPP’s MEC handles the business in the UK, where the confectioner spends £12.3 million on brands including Nutella.
A Ferrero spokeswoman said: "Ferrero has invited a multinational media agency pitch. It comprises a comprehensive process, structure and service comparison, as well as case studies to show the conceptual and strategic potential of the agencies."
Krow, which works on Ferrero’s creative business in the UK, is not affected.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views