UK adspend recovers to 2007 levels
UK adspend topped £17 billion last year for the first time since the start of the downturn, according to the Advertising Association and Warc's quarterly Expenditure Report.
Adspend grew 2.3 per cent year on year to reach £17.2 billion in 2012.
The report forecasts growth of 2.7 per cent this year and 5 per cent in 2014.
In a significant overhaul, it has produced a cross-platform figure for "national news brands", "magazine brands" and a combined figure for TV and video-on-demand for the first time.
Some £623 million of the total internet adspend last year was invested in digital offerings from traditional media brands, rather than "pure-play" internet spend.
Zoe Bale, the head of press at Carat, said: "We think in terms of brands rather than platforms, so this paints a truer picture of brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London