National Express hires Isobel for summer campaign
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 May 2013 11:33AM
National Express has appointed Isobel to handle a summer advertising campaign, after a four-way pitch handled by AAR.
Isobel has been briefed with creating a multimedia campaign to increase numbers of people travelling by National Express coach.
McCann Birmingham has previously handled the bulk of National Express’ advertising activity, having been appointed in 2011 to handle its £5 million advertising and CRM business.
Paul Houlding, the managing partner at Isobel, said: "National Express is one of Britain’s best-loved brands and we are really looking forward to working with them to help more people than ever fall in love with coach travel."
In October National Express was forced to pull a digital ad that featured a can-can dancer with "See what you're missing in Europe" over her crotch, after the advertising watchdog deemed it presented women as sex objects.
National Express offers travel to 1,000 destinations across the UK. Around 17 million journeys are made it each year, a third of which are to airports.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Public Sector campaigns Stopgap £24000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Cross-Media Account Manager - up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Social Media Exec/Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £45000 Per Annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 Per Annum, Manchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni