Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
Samsung has struck a product placement deal with The Wanted to feature its Galaxy S4 model phone in the band's latest music video, 'Walks Like Rihanna'.
In the video The Wanted use the Galaxy S4’s Air Gesture feature, which allows users to flick through content on the smart phone without touching the screen, to scroll through ideas for music videos.
The Global Talent-managed band end up spoofing other boy bands like N*Sync and Take That.
Since being posted on YouTube on 7 May, ‘Walks Like Rihanna’ has been viewed around 1.6 million times.
This latest product placement deal, which was brokered by Starcom MediaVest Group’s content division Liquid Thread, comes after a similar deal struck by Samsung to place its Galaxy camera in Little Mix's music video for ‘Change Your Life’.
The Little Mix video was posted on YouTube three months ago and has since been viewed more than 17.7 million times.
Rupert Britton, the content strategy director for Liquid Thread, said: "Product placement works best when it is editorially justified and we are very happy with the way the Galaxy S4’s Air Gesture functionality has been integrated into the video of The Wanted’s ‘She Walks Like Rihanna’."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham