Army begins recruitment drive despite redundancies
The Army has begun a recruitment campaign aimed at bringing in 10,000 new soldiers and officers over the next 12 months.
As part of the campaign, called "step up", a TV ad will break tonight, shot from the perspective of a new recruit’s boots.
The army hopes that the new campaign will dispel the widely held belief that the Army is not hiring at the moment. A survey carried out by OnePoll in April showed that only half of people questioned thought that the army was looking for new-joiners.
The campaign comes ahead of a third round of redundancies in the UK military, which is scheduled for June and will affect 5,300 soldiers. The cuts are part of the Ministry of Defence’s plans to reduce Army regular soldier numbers from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2017.
The TV spot was created by JWT, which landed the army recruitment account in 2012 as part of a consortium, led by Capita.
The work will be supported by job centre recruitment clinics, held in partnership with Jobcentre Plus across nearly 400 UK locations beginning 17 June.
Both the ad campaign and the job centre clinics are part of the Army’s streamlined recruitment process, which also allows applicants to apply online.
Brigadier Andrew Jackson, the director of recruiting and training for the Army, said: "No matter what its size, the Army is always recruiting to ensure we have enough quality junior ranks and young officers to sustain the organisation and keep it ready for the challenges of the future."
The new ad was written by Bill Hartley and art directed by Giles Hepworth. Simon Ratigan directed the spot through HLA.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- DIGITAL DESIGNER Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- CREATIVE LEADS - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire