Santander reviews £27m media account
Santander, the UK retail and corporate bank, has called a review of its £27 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Carat.
From the start of 2014 the successful agency will be responsible for planning and buying media campaigns across all platforms for both Santander’s retail and business-to-business arms.
The first stage of the review will ask agencies to demonstrate they can fulfil Santander’s media requirements and meet the bank’s "demanding working style". Only agencies successful in the first stage will get through to the next.
Santander spent £26.6 million on media in the 12 months to the end of September 2012, according to Nielsen.
The review will be completed by end of September 2013 so the successful agency can start on Santander’s planning and buying for 2014.
Keith Moor, the director of brand and communications at Santander, will oversee the process, working with colleagues the bank and its procurement arm Aquanima.
Moor said: "Carat has worked with Santander for the past eight years and continues to do a great job for Santander.
"The media landscape is however constantly evolving and this review provides us with an opportunity to take a fresh look at our buying requirements to ensure we have the breadth and quality we require to take Santander forward."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency