Just Eat rival calls European ad pitch
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:29AM
Delivery Hero, the company that owns a network of food delivery websites, is looking for an ad agency to work on its brands in Europe.
The company, which owns the Hungryhouse.co.uk and Mjam.net websites, has made initial approaches to agencies ahead of a pitch for its business.
Agency sources suggested that the pitch will be run from Delivery Hero’s Berlin HQ.
The move to boost its brands follows Delivery Hero’s appointment of Niklas Ostberg to the role of sole chief executive in January, on the back of an investment programme that saw it acquire brands including UK-based Hungryhouse.co.uk and Eatitnow.com.
Backed by private equity money, Delivery Hero offers a network of food sites that are connected to more than 30,000 restaurants. It acquired Hungryhouse.co.uk from its founders Tony Charles and Shane Lake, who have since reinvested the majority of the purchase price in Delivery Hero shares.
Just Eat, another website offering delivery from a range of takeaways, has stepped up its marketing over the last year, working with VCCP.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £30000 per annum, Warwickshire
- ECRM Specialist - Social Gaming Brand - £25-30K - London Propel £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, Leamington Spa