Cigarette giant looks for ad agency
British American Tobacco is looking for an advertising agency to handle a campaign to support the launch of its Vype electronic cigarette next year.
It is thought that Oystercatchers will oversee the review, which is still at an early stage. A spokesman from Oystercatchers would not comment.
The market for e-cigarettes is becoming increasingly competitive. In January, SKYCIG launched the UK’s first e-cigarette TV ad, which was devised by the creative agency Povey Sindall Media.
E-cigarettes cannot be marketed as a smoking-cessation tool but as a replacement for nicotine. They work by delivering nicotine in the form of a water vapour.
According to SKYCIG, there are an estimated 600,000 e-cigarette users in the UK and the market is predicted to be worth £250 million by 2014.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London