Volkswagen Beetle promotes the joy of driving
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 08:32AM
Volkswagen has unveiled an ad to promote its Beetle Convertible, which has been designed to promote and bring back the joy of driving.
The Deutsch LA-created 30-second ad, called "midnight", premiered online last week and will launch on TV in July.
It has been designed to show how the Beetle Convertible can connect its costumers to the world and includes the strapline, "It will brighten your night".
The campaign's creative team included art director Paul Overlin and copywriter Cam Miller. It was produced by MJZ and directed by Matthijs van Heijningen.
The ad starts with a young woman being woken by her boyfriend at 1:43am, but when she looks outside she is greeted by a beautiful sunny day. While others sleep the couple drive around the small town, which they have almost completely to themselves except for a lone caribou.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London