campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 May 2013 08:00AM
This week's pitch news.
SSE, the energy supplier, has decided on the pitchlist for its advertising review, which kicked off in March through AAR. Agencies on the list are Adam & Eve/DDB, Krow, Leith, TBWA\London and WCRS.
Virgin Atlantic’s global digital and direct review has not been blown off course by changes in its marketing department. Hypernaked and Rapp are the final two left in the pitch after Being\TBWA and Engine were knocked out of the process. The airline, which handed senior marketing responsibilities to Maria Sebastian after the departure of the marketing director, Simon Lloyd, is expected to pick a winner next week.
Bacardi has launched a pan-European media review on the back of a separate US process that kicked off in January. Networks in the frame for the European business include the incumbent, UM, MEC, OMD and ZenithOptimedia.
After weeks of expecting a result on the British Airways media pitch, agencies are believed to have been told that the contest has been expanded to include sister airline Iberia’s account. A result is unlikely before early July, with the new contracts to begin mid-to-late August. Among those waiting are the incumbents, ZenithOptimedia, Neo@Ogilvy and Kinetic. Carat is also believed to still be involved.
PHD and ZenithOptimedia are laughing as they are the final two agencies involved in the Comedy Central media review. Goodstuff is no longer in the running.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views