Hugo Boss calls global media pitch
Hugo Boss, the designer label, is reviewing its global media planning and buying account to ensure its current agency, Havas Media, is providing the best quality and service.
The appointed agency will work on Hugo Boss’ range of products, including men’s and women’s fashion, watches and eyewear. The majority of the brand’s media spend is focused on press ads.
Presentations will take place by the end of June at the company’s headquarters in Metzingen, Germany, and a decision is likely by the end of July, according to a spokeswoman for Hugo Boss. The brand handles its creative in-house.
The spokeswoman said: "As per internal regulations, we conduct an international media agency pitch every five years. This is in order to check all agency services with regards to prices and quality with regards to media planning, buying and strategy. The pitch comprises all worldwide Hugo Boss image advertising activities for all media."
The review does not include the brand’s fragrances, such as Hugo Red and Boss Orange, which are manufactured by Procter & Gamble. P&G works with MediaCom and Starcom MediaVest Group on its media.
MPGi, the international arm of Havas Media when the agency was known as MPG Media Contacts, won the global account in 2008 after a competitive process. It was then worth £35 million.
In that review, MPGi beat agencies including the Publicis Groupe-owned Zenith, WPP’s MEC and the incumbent, Omnicom’s PHD.
PHD Germany had worked with Hugo Boss in its home country before the 2008 review and booked some international campaigns, but the brand had not had a global media agency of record.
A Havas Media spokesman declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign