Ministry of Sound exploring beyond the spot
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 June 2013 08:00AM
Ministry of Sound, the dance music superclub, is extending its relationship with TV beyond the 30-second spot. The album Marbella Sessions is to feature in two episodes of The Only Way Is Essex (main picture), making Ministry of Sound the first brand to have a paid-for placement on the show. The deal was negotiated by ITV Commercial, Lime Pictures and the7stars.
ISBA getting firm with social media sites
"Don’t bite the hand that feeds you" was the warning issued by ISBA to digital media owners such as Facebook last week. Bob Wootton, the trade body’s director of media and advertising, went on the offensive after ads appeared on a social media page that made light of violence towards women, leading to a backlash against high-profile brands from angry consumers and pressure groups. "The excuse ‘we are just a pipe’ is, frankly, wearing thin. They need to honour the trust imbued in them by their clients," Wootton said.
Tesco continuing to invest in content
Fans of A Touch Of Frost and Cold Feet (pictured) have another reason to sign up for Clubcard TV, the ad-supported streaming service, after Tesco struck a deal with ITV. A deal with BBC Worldwide for its cookery, comedy and drama shows was agreed last month. More than 160 TV episodes will soon be available to 16 million Clubcard members.
And one thing we don’t…
Murdoch’s latest handiwork
The new logo for News Corp’s soon-to-be-launched publishing company is meant to be informal and up to date but, unfortunately, feels a bit naff. Apparently, it was based on the handwriting of the media giant’s owner, Rupert Murdoch, and his late father, Keith. Homespun and wholesome or just a bit creepy?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London