Alan Carr and Rylan Clark to hijack Channel 4 Comedy Gala ads
Coors, Lynx, Skittles and Just Eat will have their latest ads given a comic makeover during Channel 4's Comedy Gala on Friday 7 June.
Eight specially recorded ads – featuring comedian Alan Carr and Rylan Clark from 'The X Factor' – are set to appear throughout the annual Channel 4 Comedy Gala in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Carr will pop up in unique versions of ads including Specsavers, Renault, Jackpot Joy and Gocompare, as part of the comedy takeover from 9pm.
In the Specsavers ad, Carr and Clark find themselves on a rollercoaster ride with a difference.
Meanwhile, Coors, Lynx, Skittles and Just Eat have also signed up for the first time this year, with Carr appearing as Jean-Claude Van Damme’s body double in the Coors ad.
Carr also comes under threat from the man who turns everything he touches to Skittles, and battles for the affection of an astronaut in Lynx’s spot.
This fourth version of the Comedy Gala was filmed at The O2, and features performances from comedians including Jo Brand, Jonathan Ross, Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Paddy McGuinness and Noel Fielding.
The ad takeover - filmed at the beginning of May - was produced by Open Mike, edited by The Farm Group and managed by Channel 4 Sales, working with agency partners Carat, ZenithOptimedia, Manning Gottlieb OMD, Mindshare, MPG, and Maxus.
Channel 4's partnership leader Rob Ramsey said: "It’s brilliant that we have been able to work with such a diverse cross-section of clients, agencies and brands on the hijack, which enhances the viewers’ experience of this very special event, the C4 Comedy Gala."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London