Havas Media acquires data specialists MFG Labs
Havas Media Group has acquired "big data" specialists MFG Labs for an undisclosed sum, to further boost core analytics across group agencies.
Founded in 2009 by a team of mathematicians, MFG Labs is a recognised leader applying advanced mathematics to digital strategies and algorithms that make sense of data.
Led by Pierre-Louis Lions – a Fields Medal holder, the highest recognised award for mathematics and professor at the prestigious Collège de France, and Jean-Michel Lasry, professor at the University Paris-Dauphine with a career in quantitative finance.
MFG is known for its "Mean Field Game" theory and its application to the world of finance and business. Recent clients include Warner Bros' digital strategy in France and the creation of its social relationship management programme, My Warner.
MFG Labs is set to expanded across Havas Media Group Digital Hubs, including the UK, US, LATAM, APAC.
Dominique Delport, global managing director of Havas Media Group, said: "As the data revolution continues there is no doubt that these guys are at the top of their field. Two years ago we identified their impressive capabilities in the social data world.
"The next stage for us was to make sure we were able to bring them into the group to reinforce our solid foundations in data and this driving force to integrate data and content is paying off well. With the increasing importance of consumer engagement platforms pushing brands beyond traditional media, the two disciplines are totally interconnected."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition