CANNES 2013: UK agencies get 11 nominations in Direct Lions
UK agencies have 11 nominations in the Direct Lions shortlist, with Leo Burnett, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, OgilvyOne and AKQA getting two nominations each.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity released the brands in with a chance of winning a direct award yesterday and UK shops managed to secure a combined total of 11 nominations.
Leo Burnett had two nominations for its Jubilee work for the colour matcher Pantone, "Pantone queen"; BBH got two nominations for its 'Don’t Cover It Up' campaign for the charity Refuge, and AKQA got two nominations for Nike + Kinect Training.
OgilvyOne received a nomination for its "the power of cute" campaign for the Royal Borough of Greenwich, as well as a nomination for its "measure of pleasure" work for the chocolate brand Beyond Dark.
The winners of the Direct Lions will be announced at the awards this evening, which begin at 6pm (7pm Cannes time).
Other UK agencies with nominations include Saatchi & Saatchi London for "meat snacking helmet" for Mattessons Fridge Raiders; Grey London for its "dance dictionary" for Puma Fragrance, and Cheil UK London for the "we are David Bailey" to promote the Samsung NX Camera.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Communications & Policy Developer Stopgap £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Stakeholder Marketing Manager - Part-time Maternity Cover Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum, Cambridge
- Digital Designer PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London