CANNES 2013: UK Radio Lions nominations fall to 12
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 June 2013 12:54PM
Ogilvy & Mather London stands a good chance in tomorrow's Cannes Radio Lions category awards, where it has nine shortlisted entries, although the UK's overall tally of 12 is down from 21 last year.
O&M London's nine entries include three each in the Home Appliances, Furnishings, Electronics & Audio Visual and Cosmetics & Beauty, Toiletries sub-categories, as well as two for Best Scriptwriting and one for Best Acting Performance.
All three Home Appliances entries are for Philips' Digital Video Monitor, including the "soldier", "spy" and "cop" works, while the three Cosmetics entries are all for Unilever's Dove brand, including "big smacking kiss", "smile" and "auto tune".
The "big smacking kiss" and "smile" ads are also up for Best Scriptwriting.
Ogilvy & Mather's entry in the Best Acting Performance sub-category is for the "post mortem" work for the conservation charity WWF.
Only three other UK agencies have been shortlisted, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London, Adam & Eve/DDB London and Bartle Bogle Hegarty London, all of which have a single shot at an award.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's shortlisted entry is for its "but" work for the White Ribbon charity in the Public Awareness Message sub-category. BBH London’s "how many?" Weetabix campaign has been nominated under Best Acting Performance.
Adam & Eve/DDB London has been nominated in the Cars & Automotive Services sub-category for its "mysteries of the universe" work for Volkswagen; it also has seven joint entries shortlisted with its US sister agency DDB Chicago.
Last year the UK got 21 nominations and JWT London, AMV BBDO, Albion and Global Radio Creative all won Radio Lions, an improvement on 2011 when no UK shops were shortlisted.
Improving the number of UK agencies winning awards at Cannes was one of the targets of the Radio Advertising Bureau’s creativity initiative.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Campaign Project Manager Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Junior Comms Planning Manager required for Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Entertainment brand - Comms Manager at top London media agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum, London
- Comms Business Director required for Leading Publisher Brand Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas