CANNES 2013: Ogilvy's UK arm bags eight outdoor golds in good night for the agency
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 June 2013 12:01PM
Ogilvy & Mather London bagged Gold Lions for all eight of its Expedia entries in the Outdoor Lions, while its sister agency Ogilvy France took home the Grand Prix.
The eight gold-winning Expedia ads, which used three-letter airport codes printed on luggage tags to create holiday messages, were "WSH EWE WRE ERE", "GRY SKY", "ARM LEG", "FAC TOR TEN", "LAT ERS", "MUM DAD IOU", "YOO WAT" and "SUN SEA SND SEX".
However, the Ogilvy & Mather's London arm was trumped by its Paris-based sister operation, Ogilvy France, which had the three Grand Prix-winning entries with its "bench", "shelter" and "ramp" executions for IBM.
The agency's return of eight of the UK's 19 Lions was double the next-best UK nominee Adam & Eve/DDB, which won four Lions for its Harvey Nichols work, including silvers for "blonde" and "male" and bronzes for "kit" and "dimphy".
The three other UK winners were: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, with three silvers for its Whiskas ads "pouncing", "chasing" and "stalking" for Mars Petcare; The Assembly Network, with three Bronze Lions for its 'Awareness' campaign for Parkinson's UK, and DLKW Lowe, which collected a single bronze for "see through loo" for Unilever's Domestos brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account