CANNES 2013: Tuesday roundup from Live@Cannes
The parties and awards were in full swing on day three of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Here are Tuesday's highlights from our live blog.
Getting glammed up
Cannes nightlife heated up further with sophisticated events like Ogilvy Asia’s ‘Young Suits’ welcome dinner, and less sophisticated ones like this soirée attended by the BETC ladies. There was also LinkedIn’s swanky party on a yacht.
Recognising the potential of the huge Chinese ad market Cannes Lions added a full-day programme on China to this year's festival, which took place yesterday. About time, in the opinion of the editors of Campaign Asia-Pacific.
As the awards continued, so did the celebrations. Frank PR put up this Vine to commemorate their PR Lions win, while Tuesday night’s Media Lion awards – where Ogilvy won the Grand Prix – was the most talked-about ceremony.
We spoke to game visionary Jane McGonigal on how video games can change the world, and learnt how this has changed the way PHD work from the agency's worldwide strategy and planning director Mark Holden.
UK radio entries fall
Football on the beach
The Eurosport Beach Soccer tournament kicked off, with fierce competition (although it later turned out that the UK team was a no-show).
Cannes virgin speaks
The first of our blogs from Cannes virgin Mike Nicholson, Loaf & Egg’s founder, provided a fresh perspective on the festival.
For those roaming the streets in search of food after the parties or Gutter Bar, help was at hand in the form of free pizza from Deutsch LA scooters.
If you Cannt make it
For those stuck back in their offices, our guide to the day’s activities at Cannt Festival, the anti-Cannes event back in London, offered some relief.
Follow news and updates live at
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Campaign Executive - London Search Agency Silverdrum to £25,000 + benefits, London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity