CANNES 2013: Tuesday roundup from Live@Cannes
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 June 2013 11:49AM
The parties and awards were in full swing on day three of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Here are Tuesday's highlights from our live blog.
Getting glammed up
Cannes nightlife heated up further with sophisticated events like Ogilvy Asia’s ‘Young Suits’ welcome dinner, and less sophisticated ones like this soirée attended by the BETC ladies. There was also LinkedIn’s swanky party on a yacht.
Recognising the potential of the huge Chinese ad market Cannes Lions added a full-day programme on China to this year's festival, which took place yesterday. About time, in the opinion of the editors of Campaign Asia-Pacific.
As the awards continued, so did the celebrations. Frank PR put up this Vine to commemorate their PR Lions win, while Tuesday night’s Media Lion awards – where Ogilvy won the Grand Prix – was the most talked-about ceremony.
We spoke to game visionary Jane McGonigal on how video games can change the world, and learnt how this has changed the way PHD work from the agency's worldwide strategy and planning director Mark Holden.
UK radio entries fall
Football on the beach
The Eurosport Beach Soccer tournament kicked off, with fierce competition (although it later turned out that the UK team was a no-show).
Cannes virgin speaks
The first of our blogs from Cannes virgin Mike Nicholson, Loaf & Egg’s founder, provided a fresh perspective on the festival.
For those roaming the streets in search of food after the parties or Gutter Bar, help was at hand in the form of free pizza from Deutsch LA scooters.
If you Cannt make it
For those stuck back in their offices, our guide to the day’s activities at Cannt Festival, the anti-Cannes event back in London, offered some relief.
Follow news and updates live at
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show