CANNES 2013: Tuesday roundup from Live@Cannes
The parties and awards were in full swing on day three of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Here are Tuesday's highlights from our live blog.
Getting glammed up
Cannes nightlife heated up further with sophisticated events like Ogilvy Asia’s ‘Young Suits’ welcome dinner, and less sophisticated ones like this soirée attended by the BETC ladies. There was also LinkedIn’s swanky party on a yacht.
Recognising the potential of the huge Chinese ad market Cannes Lions added a full-day programme on China to this year's festival, which took place yesterday. About time, in the opinion of the editors of Campaign Asia-Pacific.
As the awards continued, so did the celebrations. Frank PR put up this Vine to commemorate their PR Lions win, while Tuesday night’s Media Lion awards – where Ogilvy won the Grand Prix – was the most talked-about ceremony.
We spoke to game visionary Jane McGonigal on how video games can change the world, and learnt how this has changed the way PHD work from the agency's worldwide strategy and planning director Mark Holden.
UK radio entries fall
Football on the beach
The Eurosport Beach Soccer tournament kicked off, with fierce competition (although it later turned out that the UK team was a no-show).
Cannes virgin speaks
The first of our blogs from Cannes virgin Mike Nicholson, Loaf & Egg’s founder, provided a fresh perspective on the festival.
For those roaming the streets in search of food after the parties or Gutter Bar, help was at hand in the form of free pizza from Deutsch LA scooters.
If you Cannt make it
For those stuck back in their offices, our guide to the day’s activities at Cannt Festival, the anti-Cannes event back in London, offered some relief.
Follow news and updates live at
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London