CANNES 2013: AKQA and Rubber Republic both win gold in Cyber Lions
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 June 2013 10:13AM
AKQA London and Rubber Republic Bristol both bagged Gold Lions in the Cyber Lions digital category, where McCann Melbourne's "dumb ways to die" narrowly missed out on a Grand Prix hat-trick.
The UK won nine Cyber Lions in total for a second year running, including two silver and five bronze to go with the two golds.
AKQA London was the most successful UK entrant, picking up a Gold Lion for its "Nike+ Kinect Training" execution and a Silver Lion for its work "the chance", also for Nike.
Rubber Republic Bristol's gold was for "the truth", a spoof apology from Bodyform in response to a post left by a disgruntled boyfriend on the brand's Facebook wall that has garnered almost four million views on YouTube.
Other UK winners included Google Creative Labs London, which won a Silver Lion for its "web lab" work, and Google UK London, which won bronze for its "jam with chrome" execution.
Wieden & Kennedy London bagged two Bronze Lions for its "my time is now" Nike execution.
BBH London was the final UK winner, collecting a bronze for its "don't cover it up" work for the charity Refuge.
Meanwhile, Pereira & O'Dell's "the beauty inside" for Intel and Toshiba and DraftFCB's "Oreo daily twist" for Oreo-owner Mondelez International shared the top prize,
McCann Melbourne's hotly-tipped "dumb ways to die" had to settle for a mere five golds and one silver in the Cyber Lions, after already taking home the Grand Prix in the Direct Lions and PR Lions categories.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media