CANNES 2013: AKQA and Rubber Republic both win gold in Cyber Lions
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 June 2013 10:13AM
AKQA London and Rubber Republic Bristol both bagged Gold Lions in the Cyber Lions digital category, where McCann Melbourne's "dumb ways to die" narrowly missed out on a Grand Prix hat-trick.
The UK won nine Cyber Lions in total for a second year running, including two silver and five bronze to go with the two golds.
AKQA London was the most successful UK entrant, picking up a Gold Lion for its "Nike+ Kinect Training" execution and a Silver Lion for its work "the chance", also for Nike.
Rubber Republic Bristol's gold was for "the truth", a spoof apology from Bodyform in response to a post left by a disgruntled boyfriend on the brand's Facebook wall that has garnered almost four million views on YouTube.
Other UK winners included Google Creative Labs London, which won a Silver Lion for its "web lab" work, and Google UK London, which won bronze for its "jam with chrome" execution.
Wieden & Kennedy London bagged two Bronze Lions for its "my time is now" Nike execution.
BBH London was the final UK winner, collecting a bronze for its "don't cover it up" work for the charity Refuge.
Meanwhile, Pereira & O'Dell's "the beauty inside" for Intel and Toshiba and DraftFCB's "Oreo daily twist" for Oreo-owner Mondelez International shared the top prize,
McCann Melbourne's hotly-tipped "dumb ways to die" had to settle for a mere five golds and one silver in the Cyber Lions, after already taking home the Grand Prix in the Direct Lions and PR Lions categories.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- UI Designer- 35-40k DoE + Amazing benefits Nakama 30-40k dependent on experience + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Junior Account Director | £42,000 Dynamic New Alliances £38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Benefits , City of London
- Sr Designer Red Sofa London £50000.00 per annum, London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again