Sony moves international media to MediaCom
Sony has awarded the global media planning account for its mobile arm and the European media business for its electronics division to MediaCom, following a competitive pitch process.
The incumbent on the European Sony Electronics account, which includes products such as TVs, cameras and laptops, was OMD, while its sister agency PHD handled the estimated $500 million (£319.2 million) Sony Mobile business.
PHD, which won the mobile business from MEC in 2011, was not involved in the pitch.
The media activity for Sony PlayStation and Sony Pictures was not included in the review process.
Sony UK currently spends £3 million on UK media while Sony Mobile currently spends £8 million, according to Nielsen.
The appointment does not affect Sony’s creative roster. Sony Mobile appointed Adam & Eve/DDB to its global advertising account in early May.
A spokeswoman for Sony said: "As we seek to further leverage the synergies across the Sony product portfolio, following a review of its media-buying agency support, Sony Mobile (global) and Sony Electronics (Sony Europe) has appointed MediaCom as its partner for media buying requirements, covering global and European remits respectively. The partnership will commence June 2013."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London