CANNES 2013: UK converts 10 out of 12 Radio Lions nominations
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 June 2013 12:07PM
The UK bagged 10 Radio Lions awards from its 12 shortlisted entries, as Ogilvy & Mather London saw a return of one gold and seven silvers from its nine entries.
Despite a poorer showing than last year in terms of the number of nominations, the 10 Lions collected by Ogilvy & Mather London, Adam & Eve/DDB London and Bartle Bogle Hegarty London topped 2012's six award-winning entries.
However, it was McCann Melbourne's ubiquitous "dumb ways to die" that took the plaudits, carrying home its third top prize and extending the UK's wait for its first Grand Prix of this year's Cannes Festival.
O&M London's "auto tune", "big smacking kiss" and "smile" executions, from its campaign for Unilever's Dove brand, contributed five of its eight Lions, including a Gold Lion for "auto tune" and two silvers apiece for "big smacking kiss" and "smile".
Its three other Silver Lions included two for "soldier" and "cop" from its digital video monitor campaign for Philips and one for its "post mortem" work for WWF.
A&E/DDB and BBH both hit the mark with their single shortlisted entries, which were respectively "mysteries of the universe" for Volkswagen and "how many?" for Weetabix, both of which collected Bronze Lions.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO was the only shortlisted UK agency to miss out.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London