CANNES 2013: Film Lions shortlist includes 51 UK entrants
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 June 2013 12:16PM
UK agencies will be hoping for a bumper haul in this year's eagerly anticipated Film Lions awards with 51 shortlisted entries from 24 companies.
BBH London leads the UK nominations with seven shortlisted entries, including its "lifeguard" and "fireman" spots from the "Axe Apollo Space Academy" campaign for Axe (known in the UK as Lynx).
Other multiple UK nominees include Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO, Ogilvy & Mather, Adam & Eve/DDB, CHI & Partners, Mother London, DLKW Lowe, 4Creative, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Grey London, WCRS and Wieden & Kennedy.
AMV BBDO, A&E/DDB and O&M each have four chances to win Lions.
AMV BBDO has two Guinness ads shortlisted, one from Camelot and one from Plan International; A&E/DDB has two shortlisted entries for both Volkswagen and John Lewis, while O&M has one Dove and three Expedia ads in the running.
Meanwhile, 12 UK entrants are in with a single chance of picking up a Lion, including Academy Films, Saatchi & Saatchi, MJZ London (for an ad produced on behalf of Madre Buenos Aires), Lowe & Partners, Dare London, VCCP, JWT, Havas Worldwide, Wunderman, Weapon7, Rubber Republic and the NSPCC.
4Creative's two entries include its "meet the superhumans" spot for Channel 4, which won a black pencil and four yellow pencils at the D&AD awards earlier this month, although it will once again face competition from McCann Melbourne's "dumb ways to die", which has already won a hat-trick of Grand Prix awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London
- Global Head of Studio and Production Creative Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Pro Rata, City of London