Starcom MediaVest's Jacob echoes Gottlieb's call for new metrics
There is a disconnect between what clients are asking for and what media agencies are offering, and it is time to move away from the "old world" media models of yesteryear to improve effectiveness, says Iain Jacob, president of dynamic markets at Starcom MediaVest Group.
In observations that echo comments made by Omnicom Media Group's chief executive of EMEA, Colin Gottlieb, at Media360 earlier this month, Jacob urged for "common standards in metrics" as the media landscape continues to evolve at pace.
"Content, data and analytics and agile marketing are all big themes that are driving our business," he said. "One of the key issue is how do you measure this ‘stuff’, how do you put a value on it for clients?"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £62,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Market Research and Insight Executive (Manager level) Stopgap £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Global Client Director PFJ £65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London