Carlsberg hires LBi to increase digital profile
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 June 2013 08:00AM
Carlsberg UK has appointed LBi to work on digital initiatives across its portfolio of brands.
The Publicis Groupe-owned digital agency, which has previously worked for Carlsberg on global projects but not in the UK, picked up the business after a pitch process.
LBi’s first activity is a social media and branded content campaign for the lager brand San Miguel Fresca. Other brands in the brewer’s portfolio include Carlsberg, Tetley and Tuborg.
The agency’s appointment follows a series of ad agency additions to the Carlsberg roster, including JWT, McCann Erickson and Santo.
Jonathan Dee, the marketing controller at Carlsberg UK, said: "We chose to work with LBi because of their outstanding strategic thinking, creative excellence and understanding of our business challenges. We are looking forward to working with them to create a best-in-class digital presence in the UK."
Michael Islip, the managing director of LBi, said: "We’re thrilled to be working with Carlsberg to help the company realise its digital ambitions across its portfolio of brands."
In February, the brewer appointed Fold7 to handle the £10 million UK ad business for Somersby cider, but moved the global account for Carlsberg beer to Santo, from Fold7.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London