ZenithOptimedia lands £50m eOne
Entertainment One, the film distributor also known as eOne, has consolidated its estimated £50 million UK and Ireland media planning and buying business into ZenithOptimedia.
EOne called a media review after acquiring Alliance Films and its British arm Momentum Pictures in January for £139 million.
ZenithOptimedia, which has worked on eOne’s UK business since 2006, won the consolidated business after a pitch against the Omnicom agency M2M, which previously handled Momentum Pictures.
EOne and Momentum Pictures spent £15.4 million and £10.6 million respectively on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen. However, sources said the planned spend for the next 12 months could be around £50 million.
The account covers more than 40 films to be released in the next year, including Diana, the biopic of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Recent films from Alliance Films include Looper, Anna Karenina and Seven Psychopaths, while The Twilight Saga and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy are eOne movies.
It is not the first time that ZenithOptimedia has won a consolidated pitch for eOne. In 2008, Contender Films retained ZenithOptimedia to handle its estimated £10 million account, following its acquisition by eOne.
Before 2008, the Contender Films account was handled by Equinox, which was part of ZenithOptimedia Group. ZenithOptimedia beat three agencies for the business, winning a final shoot-out against MediaVest.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency