Jerry Buhlmann becomes executive officer of Dentsu
Jerry Buhlmann, the chief executive of the Dentsu Aegis Network, has been given the additional role of executive officer of Dentsu, only the second non-Japanese executive officer in the company's history.
Buhlmann, who was chief executive at Aegis PLC until Dentsu bought it for £3.2 billion earlier this year, will now contribute to the Dentsu Group’s overseas business strategy and help drive further growth in this arena.
He will continue to report to Tim Andree, the director and executive vice president of Dentsu.
After starting his career in the media departments of Young & Rubicam in 1980, Buhlmann founded his own media agency BBJ in 1989. BBJ was sold to Aegis Group in 1999 and then rebranded as Vizeum in 2001.
After three years as chief executive of Carat International, Buhlmann took the role of chief executive at Aegis Media EMEA in 2003. He became chief executive of Aegis Media in 2008 and chief executive of Aegis Group, also in 2008.
Tadashi Ishii, the chief executive officer of Dentsu, said: "[Buhlmann’s] vision and strong leadership have been the backbone to delivering Aegis Media’s growth and I am certain that he will contribute to the success of our business outside Japan. I have deep faith and respect for him and I am excited about the journey ahead together."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London