Government reviews Fire Kills creative account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 03 July 2013 12:20PM
The Department for Communities and Local Government has called a pitch through the Government Procurement Service to find a creative agency for its 'Fire Kills' campaigns.
The campaigns aim to establish a behavioural link between people changing their clocks twice a year and testing their smoke alarms.
The government has approached the ten agencies on its new creative roster, including Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which has held the account for the past four years.
The 'Fire Kills' campaigns have run since 2011, with RKCR/Y&R creating campaigns such as the recent spot that coincided with the start of British Summer Time in March.
The film featured a boy in a fire-damaged house, who picks up a burnt clock and asks viewers to promise to test their smoke alarms before disappearing like a ghost.
The department is looking to continue its long-term "clock change" strategy until 2014 or 2015, after finding the dual behaviour of checking a smoke alarm at the same time as changing a clock has not yet been fully adopted.
The successful agency will be tasked with extending the campaign, which won a 2013 Marketing Society Award for Excellence in the not-for-profit category.
It will also evolve the work to its next stage, taking into account the number devices beyond clocks that now respond to time signals.
A spokeswoman for the Department for Communities and Local Government said: "We are tendering for an advertising agency for the Fire Kills campaign. The current contract with RKCR/Y&R has run out."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands