OMD scoops Weight Watchers digital media
Omnicom's OMD UK has been awarded the Weight Watchers UK digital media account, after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The pitch, which was held through Oystercatchers, was called after the weight loss programme parted ways with the incumbent, Publicis Groupe’s Razorfish. Razorfish had held the account for seven years but decided not to repitch.
OMD, which also holds Weight Watchers offline media account, will now provide digital buying and analytics for the diet brand.
Saatchi & Saatchi, which works on the Weight Watchers creative account, is understood to have added the digital creative business to its remit after partnering with OMD.
Weight Watchers said it was not yet in a position to comment on the pitch result. OMD also declined to confirm whether it had won the account.
Weight Watchers was founded in the US in the 1960s and aims to help members lose weight through support meetings, branded foods and its trademark "ProPoints" system, which measures the nutritional content of food and restricts dieters to a certain amount.
The brand's online presence includes a website with tracking tools and a database of more than 30,000 kinds of food.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London