JWT wins £80m global Nokia account
JWT has picked up the estimated £80 million global advertising account for Nokia.
The agency picked up the brief following a competitive pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and the incumbent Inferno, which had worked on the account since 2011 and was responsible for creating "the amazing everyday" campaign for the Lumia range.
JWT had an existing relationship with Nokia having been appointed as global activation agency in 2007.
The agency has been briefed with creating a new global brand idea for Nokia, which is expected to break next year.
The review was prompted by a series of management changes at the handset company. In April, Steven Overman, the vice-president of global brand strategy and marketing creation, left and was replaced by the former UK head of marketing John Nichols. The UK head of consumer marketing Adam Johnson filled Nichols’ role.
It has also restructured its business, separating smart devices and mobile phones into separate business units.
Tuula Rytilä, the chief marketing officer at Nokia, said: "In many ways, we’ve changed the way we market Nokia and our products. At the core of the Nokia brand are attributes such as quality, innovation and relevancy.
"We are excited to collaborate with JWT and come up with new and creative ideas that embody the Nokia brand and broaden the emotional appeal of our products."
"We’re confident that JWT can help us market our products in a manner that is bold, disruptive and, most importantly, resonates with consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / Integrated - [partnerships] - to £40k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, pending experience, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards