JWT wins £80m global Nokia account
JWT has picked up the estimated £80 million global advertising account for Nokia.
The agency picked up the brief following a competitive pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and the incumbent Inferno, which had worked on the account since 2011 and was responsible for creating "the amazing everyday" campaign for the Lumia range.
JWT had an existing relationship with Nokia having been appointed as global activation agency in 2007.
The agency has been briefed with creating a new global brand idea for Nokia, which is expected to break next year.
The review was prompted by a series of management changes at the handset company. In April, Steven Overman, the vice-president of global brand strategy and marketing creation, left and was replaced by the former UK head of marketing John Nichols. The UK head of consumer marketing Adam Johnson filled Nichols’ role.
It has also restructured its business, separating smart devices and mobile phones into separate business units.
Tuula Rytilä, the chief marketing officer at Nokia, said: "In many ways, we’ve changed the way we market Nokia and our products. At the core of the Nokia brand are attributes such as quality, innovation and relevancy.
"We are excited to collaborate with JWT and come up with new and creative ideas that embody the Nokia brand and broaden the emotional appeal of our products."
"We’re confident that JWT can help us market our products in a manner that is bold, disruptive and, most importantly, resonates with consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch