JWT wins £80m global Nokia account
JWT has picked up the estimated £80 million global advertising account for Nokia.
The agency picked up the brief following a competitive pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and the incumbent Inferno, which had worked on the account since 2011 and was responsible for creating "the amazing everyday" campaign for the Lumia range.
JWT had an existing relationship with Nokia having been appointed as global activation agency in 2007.
The agency has been briefed with creating a new global brand idea for Nokia, which is expected to break next year.
The review was prompted by a series of management changes at the handset company. In April, Steven Overman, the vice-president of global brand strategy and marketing creation, left and was replaced by the former UK head of marketing John Nichols. The UK head of consumer marketing Adam Johnson filled Nichols’ role.
It has also restructured its business, separating smart devices and mobile phones into separate business units.
Tuula Rytilä, the chief marketing officer at Nokia, said: "In many ways, we’ve changed the way we market Nokia and our products. At the core of the Nokia brand are attributes such as quality, innovation and relevancy.
"We are excited to collaborate with JWT and come up with new and creative ideas that embody the Nokia brand and broaden the emotional appeal of our products."
"We’re confident that JWT can help us market our products in a manner that is bold, disruptive and, most importantly, resonates with consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Manager Pitch Consultants £32000 - £36000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Creative/Digital Artworker AF Selection £24,000 - £28,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control