Mark Whelan moves to Havas Worldwide global role
Havas Worldwide has named the Cake founder and global creative director, Mark Whelan, as a global creative director, tasked with developing new business and special projects.
Whelan begins his new role immediately and will report to Havas’ global chief executive, David Jones, and its global president, Andrew Bennett.
In addition to working on pitches and special projects across the Havas Group, Whelan will continue to work on social responsibility matters as well as overseeing key Cake projects.
Whelan co-founded the PR company Cake in 1999 and Havas acquired the agency for an estimated £12 million in 2008. Earlier in his career he worked at CDP, Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, and the media agency BBJ (now Vizeum).
Jones said: "Mark gets two of the most important subjects for Havas and our clients - social media and social responsibility in business and importantly the fact that far from being two separate subjects they are actually intrinsically interlinked.
"He's a huge creative talent and someone who has been doing ‘content’ since before it became an industry buzzword."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Lead Dahling Ltd Circa £60,000, Central London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion - Paris Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London