EE signs Jamie Oliver for new 4G campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 July 2013 08:00AM
EE, the 4G mobile operator, has signed up Jamie Oliver to appear in the next execution of its Kevin Bacon-fronted ad campaign, which could see further celebrities appearing alongside the Hollywood actor over the next year.
The TV chef signed the deal last week over lunch at his London restaurant 15, where the EE chief executive, Olaf Swantee, and Bacon were understood to be present.
The new film will show Oliver helping Bacon make a "superfast bacon sandwich", in line with 4G’s claimed faster download speeds. EE’s creative agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, is said to be planning a digital-led campaign starting in August or September.
An EE spokesman said: "We’re intending to work with Jamie Oliver in our new ads due out later this summer. The plan is for Jamie to join Kevin Bacon in helping drive awareness of 4GEE as well as the value and benefits of 4G."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers