EE signs Jamie Oliver for new 4G campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 July 2013 08:00AM
EE, the 4G mobile operator, has signed up Jamie Oliver to appear in the next execution of its Kevin Bacon-fronted ad campaign, which could see further celebrities appearing alongside the Hollywood actor over the next year.
The TV chef signed the deal last week over lunch at his London restaurant 15, where the EE chief executive, Olaf Swantee, and Bacon were understood to be present.
The new film will show Oliver helping Bacon make a "superfast bacon sandwich", in line with 4G’s claimed faster download speeds. EE’s creative agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, is said to be planning a digital-led campaign starting in August or September.
An EE spokesman said: "We’re intending to work with Jamie Oliver in our new ads due out later this summer. The plan is for Jamie to join Kevin Bacon in helping drive awareness of 4GEE as well as the value and benefits of 4G."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Digital Designer/Developer Major Players £200 - £400 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief