EE signs Jamie Oliver for new 4G campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 July 2013 08:00AM
EE, the 4G mobile operator, has signed up Jamie Oliver to appear in the next execution of its Kevin Bacon-fronted ad campaign, which could see further celebrities appearing alongside the Hollywood actor over the next year.
The TV chef signed the deal last week over lunch at his London restaurant 15, where the EE chief executive, Olaf Swantee, and Bacon were understood to be present.
The new film will show Oliver helping Bacon make a "superfast bacon sandwich", in line with 4G’s claimed faster download speeds. EE’s creative agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, is said to be planning a digital-led campaign starting in August or September.
An EE spokesman said: "We’re intending to work with Jamie Oliver in our new ads due out later this summer. The plan is for Jamie to join Kevin Bacon in helping drive awareness of 4GEE as well as the value and benefits of 4G."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires