Auto Trader partners with Dave in sponsorship deal
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 July 2013 04:16PM
Auto Trader has partnered Dave to expand its latest national TV campaign to promote itself as the number-one digital marketplace for people looking to buy a new car.
For six months starting today, Auto Trader’s brand name will appear on more than 260 10-second idents a week in support of selected shows on Dave, including 'On Thin Ice', 'Man vs. Food' and 'QI', giving Auto Trader an estimated 20 hours of exposure.
The idents aim to show Auto Trader as a place that connects people from all walks of life through their common interest in cars.
Each of the eight separate idents depicts a series of light-hearted humorous exchanges between a buyer and a seller, with each one featuring a different character pairing. The idents end with the line, "Auto Trader. Driving characters on Dave".
The deal was brokered by Carat and Channel 4 Sales, and will run until the end of December. Creative is by Isobar.
The partnership is part of an ongoing multimillion-pound marketing investment that will also include a TV ad campaign at Christmas.
The creative team on the current campaign includes Simon Clancy as the creative director, James Leigh as the copywriter and Darren Giles as the art director. Trevor Melvin was the director, with Henry Huang as the producer and RSA acting as the production company.
Nathan Coe, the group director for Auto Trader, said: "Auto Trader’s 'always on' strategy, demonstrated by its continuing presence on TV, will help to raise the profile of the new and used cars offered by our dealers and to increase leads.
"The sponsorship arrangement with Dave is a very cost-effective way of ensuring that the Auto Trader brand is visible each and every day by an audience that is 70% ABC1."
Auto Trader launched what it called its largest marketing investment to date in March, with a TV campaign showing the breadth, scale and usability of its service.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Skincare Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Thorn Lighting c£50-55k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire
- Artworkers - Junior and Midweight Red Sofa London £22000 - £27000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- New business director-part-time, boutique design agency,£55k PR Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £60000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)