Auto Trader-rival Motors.co.uk starts ad agency talks
Motors.co.uk, the car classified website, is looking for a creative agency to partner with as rival Auto Trader ramps up its marketing activity.
Motors.co.uk has yet to sign off on a marketing budget, but it has held chemistry meetings with UK creative agencies and expects to make an appointment by the end of August.
Motors.co.uk worked with VCCP to develop an ad campaign around three years ago, but the project was pulled when Motors.co.uk failed to secure a budget.
News of the company’s search for an agency comes as rival Auto Trader has inked a deal with TV channel Dave to appear on more than 260 10-second idents a week across a range of programmes. Isobar is Auto Trader’s creative agency.
Automotive products and services group Manheim bought Motors.co.uk in March 2012 from the Daily Mail & General Trust. Manheim’s US arm also owns Autotrader.com, which is not linked to the UK website of the same name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive/Senior Executive - Investment Management EMR £200 - £300 per day, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £12 - £15 per hour, Cheshunt
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement