Auto Trader-rival Motors.co.uk starts ad agency talks
Motors.co.uk, the car classified website, is looking for a creative agency to partner with as rival Auto Trader ramps up its marketing activity.
Motors.co.uk has yet to sign off on a marketing budget, but it has held chemistry meetings with UK creative agencies and expects to make an appointment by the end of August.
Motors.co.uk worked with VCCP to develop an ad campaign around three years ago, but the project was pulled when Motors.co.uk failed to secure a budget.
News of the company’s search for an agency comes as rival Auto Trader has inked a deal with TV channel Dave to appear on more than 260 10-second idents a week across a range of programmes. Isobar is Auto Trader’s creative agency.
Automotive products and services group Manheim bought Motors.co.uk in March 2012 from the Daily Mail & General Trust. Manheim’s US arm also owns Autotrader.com, which is not linked to the UK website of the same name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%