Auto Trader-rival Motors.co.uk starts ad agency talks
Motors.co.uk, the car classified website, is looking for a creative agency to partner with as rival Auto Trader ramps up its marketing activity.
Motors.co.uk has yet to sign off on a marketing budget, but it has held chemistry meetings with UK creative agencies and expects to make an appointment by the end of August.
Motors.co.uk worked with VCCP to develop an ad campaign around three years ago, but the project was pulled when Motors.co.uk failed to secure a budget.
News of the company’s search for an agency comes as rival Auto Trader has inked a deal with TV channel Dave to appear on more than 260 10-second idents a week across a range of programmes. Isobar is Auto Trader’s creative agency.
Automotive products and services group Manheim bought Motors.co.uk in March 2012 from the Daily Mail & General Trust. Manheim’s US arm also owns Autotrader.com, which is not linked to the UK website of the same name.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London