Campaign Viral Chart: Mos Def's force-feed enters at number three
A video for Reprieve, the human rights for prisoners charity, has entered the viral chart in third place this week, behind ads for Honda and the latest 'Grand Theft Auto' video game.
The hard-hitting ad for Reprieve, created by The Guardian, has been shared 87,566 times and has been viewed 4.5 million times since it was posted on Monday 8 July.
The four-minute film shows rapper and Hollywood star, Mos Def, being force-fed, using standard procedures employed in Guantanamo Bay against prisoners on hunger strike.
It ends with a push to Repreive's website and the hashtag #standfast.
First in the chart this week is Rockstar Games' release of official gameplay footage for the latest instalment in their 'Grand Theft Auto' franchise.
The ad, created in-house, promotes the release of GTA V in September and has been shared 386,793 times this week according to figures from social video expert, Unruly.
Honda's "hands" ad, the only agency-created ad in the top three, has been shared 166,160 times this week. It was created by Wieden & Kennedy London and has been viewed 3.5 million times.
Elsewhere in the chart, ads for Neverwet – the waterproof sealant – and Discovery Channel's "shark week", featuring 'Snuffy the seal' – remain in the chart for a third week.
The chart, produced in collaboration with Unruly, tracks the number of shares of ads across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. Ads older than 30-days are not included.
1. Rockstar "Grand Theft Auto V" by In-house
386,793 shares this week
All time: 399,721 shares
2. Honda "hands" by Wieden & Kennedy, London
166,160 shares this week
All time: 289,872 shares
3. Reprieve "force fed" by The Guardian
87,566 shares this week
All time: 122,241 shares
4. Beneful "dog goldberg machine by beneful®" by Deep Focus
34,458 shares this week
All time: 67,445 shares
5. Dove "camera shy" by Ogilvy & Mather London
32,345 shares this week
All time: 56,475 shares
6. NeverWet "hands-on product demonstration" created in-house
22,214 shares this week
All time: 168,818 shares
7. Discovery Channel "Snuffy the seal" by Discoverycreative
20,907 shares this week
All time: 154,773 shares
8. Chanel "A/W 2013/14" created in-house
16,095 shares this week
All time: 51,073 shares
9. Samsung "the creative process" by Cheil UK
13,038 shares this week
All time: 16,952 shares
10. McDonald's "minion madness" by DDB
7,817 shares this week
All time: 29,948 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014