Phil Andrews takes chairman role at Google Adwords specialist
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 July 2013 01:22PM
Phil Andrews, the co-founder of Partners Andrews Aldridge, has joined creative search specialist The ATO Co as its chairman.
His role at ATO, which writes ads for Google Adwords advertisers, is his first since leaving PAA’s owner Engine Group, where he was the chief operating officer, 18 months ago.
Andrews will work alongside Paul Booth, the co-founder of ATO, on an expansion plan for its UK office and overseas.
Although Andrews has other interests, he said that the ATO role would be his main focus for the foreseeable future.
ATO, which stands for Ad Text Optimization, launched three years ago and has a staff of 30 in the UK. It employs experienced direct response copywriters to write ads for advertisers using Google Adwords.
Andrews said that the agency is looking to expand to between 60 and 100 people in the next year to two years and is weighing up markets including the US and non-English speaking countries as growth opportunities.
He said: "The ATO Co has proved that ATO copywriting works in delivering performance and ROI. But perhaps the real test that has been passed is that clients are valuing this approach highly."
Booth said: "With Phil’s unrivalled knowledge and experience, we plan to accelerate rapidly the growth of ATO."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester