Phil Andrews takes chairman role at Google Adwords specialist
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 July 2013 01:22PM
Phil Andrews, the co-founder of Partners Andrews Aldridge, has joined creative search specialist The ATO Co as its chairman.
His role at ATO, which writes ads for Google Adwords advertisers, is his first since leaving PAA’s owner Engine Group, where he was the chief operating officer, 18 months ago.
Andrews will work alongside Paul Booth, the co-founder of ATO, on an expansion plan for its UK office and overseas.
Although Andrews has other interests, he said that the ATO role would be his main focus for the foreseeable future.
ATO, which stands for Ad Text Optimization, launched three years ago and has a staff of 30 in the UK. It employs experienced direct response copywriters to write ads for advertisers using Google Adwords.
Andrews said that the agency is looking to expand to between 60 and 100 people in the next year to two years and is weighing up markets including the US and non-English speaking countries as growth opportunities.
He said: "The ATO Co has proved that ATO copywriting works in delivering performance and ROI. But perhaps the real test that has been passed is that clients are valuing this approach highly."
Booth said: "With Phil’s unrivalled knowledge and experience, we plan to accelerate rapidly the growth of ATO."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency