BBDO Worldwide promotes Walshe to Europe MD
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 July 2013 08:55AM
BBDO Worldwide has promoted St John Walshe, its worldwide account director on Mars, to executive vice-president and managing director for Europe.
Walshe replaces Peter Sherman, who left BBDO last month to join JWT New York as its chief executive.
He will be responsible for BBDO’s operation in 27 European markets and 46 agencies. These exclude the UK, France, Germany and Russia, which report directly to Andrew Robertson, the president and chief executive of BBDO Worldwide.
Walshe, who will report to Robertson, joined BBDO in 1997 after graduating from Trinity College in Dublin. He will continue to handle the Mars business alongside his new responsibilities in Europe.
Robertson said: "St John is a true internationalist. His leadership on our Mars business has been exceptional and a key driver of its growth. These new responsibilities are a reflection of St John’s important contributions to our business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Staffing Manager - Experiential division - Integrated London agency - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £24k, West London
- Digital Project Director Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Creative Lead Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- F/L M-W Digital Recruitment Consultant (Tech UX and PM) £20-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + iphone, laptop, bonus, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity