Lloydspharmacy in agency search
Celesio, the German pharmaceutical company, is looking for an ad agency to support the expansion of its UK Lloydspharmacy brand across Europe.
The company confirmed to Campaign that it will rebrand four of its five other pharmacy chains in Europe as Lloyds-pharmacy before the end of the year. Celesio has not appointed a Europe-wide agency before.
The pitch process is in its early stages and is being managed through the company’s head office in Stuttgart.
Lloydspharmacy has previously worked with McCann Birmingham on its creative work. In 2010, it appointed Feather Brooksbank, now part of Carat, to its mediaaccount, which is unaffected by the latest review.
A spokesman for Celesio said: "Celesio is currently pitching for a new agency of record. At the current time, we are unable to comment any further."
Lloydspharmacy was bought by Celesio in 1997. It operates a prescription service and stocks medicines,toiletries and electric health equipment such as blood-pressure monitors.
The chain launched its first TV campaign in 2001 in a bid to take on the market leader, Boots. It was created byMustoe Merriman Levy, with media buying by Starcom Motive.
Celesio owns 2,200 pharmacies and around 140 wholesale branches worldwide. It operates in 15 countries in Europe.
The company entered Brazil in 2011 by acquiring a 60 per cent stake of the speciality pharmaceutical distributor Oncoprod Group.
In 2012, Celesio reported a pre-tax profit of e214.7 million (£186.9 million).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London
- Marketing Director Michael Page Digital £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Senior SEO consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £30000 per annum, Leeds
- Creative Technologist Sky negotiable, West London