Benecol forced to find fresh creative agency
Benecol, the Johnson & Johnson brand, is reviewing its UK advertising account.
The business is handled by Adam & Eve/DDB, which also works on Benecol’s rival Flora. This conflict prompted the review.
It is understood that J&J has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch foran account worth £4 million in billings.
Adam & Eve won the business in 2010 after a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and 18 Feet & Rising. It moved from MCBD, which withdrew from the process, having handled the account for more than ten years.
However, after Adam & Eve was acquired by Omnicom and merged into DDB London in 2012, it faced a clashas the latter already handled the Unilever-owned Flora.
Unilever called a review of Flora in October 2012 and Adam & Eve/DDB retained the £11 million business after pitching against Mother and TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London