Omnicom plans to launch third media network
Omnicom is planning to launch a third global media network to add to its existing brands PHD and OMD.
The holding group’s media arm, Omnicom Media Group (OMG), has begun a search for a chief executive for the new network through recruiters in the US. Initial talks with potential candidates are taking place.
No timeframe has yet been set for the launch, and it is not known whether the new agency would be a new brand or a revamped version of an inactive agency such as Prometheus, an agency that spun off from OMD in 2005.
A spokeswoman for OMG said reports of the planned network were "incredibly premature" and declined to comment further.
A new OMG network would complement the group's two existing media shops, PHD and OMD, and could act as a conflict shop to allow the group to take on new clients.
OMD currently works with Apple, PepsiCo and McDonalds, while PHD works with Unilever and Starbucks globally.
The third network would mean Omnicom would be level with rival networks Interpublic Group and Starcom Mediavest Group, which both added a third media shop to their portfolio last year.
Interpublic created BPN to add to Initiative and UM last year and Publicis-owned Starcom Mediavest revived its agency Spark as a third network led by Chris Boothe, the former Starcom chief operating officer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account