Startup Weekend provides "spotlight" for adland collaboration
By Ben Hall and Sarah Johnson, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 31 July 2013 08:25AM
Eric Brotto, facilitator of Startup Weekend London, says the event provides a "spotlight" for adland and encourages London's top innovators to work together to solve industry problems and respond to digital disruption.
Startup Weekend, the global movement that sees innovators and entrepreneurs come together over a weekend to create businesses and products, recently held a 'Creatives Edition' in Google's London Campus.
Brotto said the weekend provided ad land with "access to London's top innovators...people who are really pushing the limits as to what you can do with technology".
He added: "the medium's adland is used to using...it's being disrupted".
Watch the video above and more from the series in the Campaign iPad app for 25 July.
View posts from the Startup Weekend London: Creatives Edition judges on the Campaign Blog.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014