Half-Term Reports 2013: OMD Group UK
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 August 2013 11:00AM
Campaign asked the ad and media industry to rate and summarise their performance so far in 2013, ahead of our School Reports for 2014. Here's how OMD Group UK view the first six months of their year.
Score (self-awarded): 8
Number of staff: Cannes Gold, Creative Effectiveness - John Lewis: From Crying to Buying 2.
New business / billings: The Hollis Sponsorship Awards, Special Award For The Best Low Budget Sponsorship’ - Nissan X-Trail & Caravan Club 3.
Summary of the year so far: We’re pleased to report that OMD Group is continuing on its positive journey, with successes in each of its constituent UK agencies. Industry recognition includes Gold and Silver wins at Cannes and successes at the Thinkbox TV Planning Awards, amongst others. New business wins such as DWP (Manning Gottlieb OMD), Lidl and HTC (M2M), and Weight Watchers Digital (OMD UK) have all contributed to agency growth. And innovation is rife with Manning Gottlieb OMD creating ‘Seymour Brew’ – its very own beer designed to bottle the agency’s entrepreneurial spirit for the wider world – and the launch of OMD UK’s Future of Britain research initiative which sees a refreshing approach to deeper insights. Finally, a spate of senior promotions – such as Robert Ffitch’s promotion to CEO at Manning Gottlieb OMD – and key hires – including OMD UK’s new strategic heads Rian Shah and Hamid Habib – are all signs that positive change is happening.
Awards won so far in 2013: "Manning Gottlieb OMD: 1.
CAM AUTOFEED HTSR13
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Web Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Global Digital Capability Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Digital (Maternity Cover) - Leading MS Charity CHM £51,257 - £56,093 plus excellent benefits , North West London, NW2
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement