Half-Term Reports 2013: Dare
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 August 2013 11:00AM
Campaign asked the ad and media industry to rate and summarise their performance so far in 2013, ahead of our School Reports for 2014. Here's how Dare view the first six months of their year.
Score (self-awarded): 7
Number of staff: 160
New business / billings: EE, Metro, Barclays Premier League
Summary of the year so far: The first 6 months of the year have seen something of a transformation at Dare. We have a new CEO Leigh Thomas and a new CCO Sean Thompson which (along with Toby Horry (MD) and John Owen (CSO)) has helped form a cohesive and experienced leadership team. We were the third most awarded agency at the British Arrows and were shortlisted at Cannes. We've made some good work including our 'Mutations' anti-smoking ad, our new GoCompare campaign, the Barclaycard Bespoke Ballads campaign and the Lifeskills program for Barclays. And we've won two accounts (including EE and Metro) as well as taking the lead on activating Barclays' sponsorship of the Premier League. And there's plenty more to come in the second half.
Awards won so far in 2013: "British Arrows Awards / Gold, Breads and Cereals - Hovis 2013 / Gold, Best 60 - 90’’ Ad – Hovis 2013 / Silver, Public Service Advertising - Public Health England 2013 / Silver, Best Over 90" Web Based Film, Time to change 2013 / Silver, Charity, Time to change 2013 Cannes / Shortlist, Public Health England - Mutations 2013 D&AD / In Book Winner, Direction - Time to Change 2013 / In Book Winner, Writing - Time to Change 2013 / In Book Winner, Apps - Puppets 2013"
CAM AUTOFEED HTSR13
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014